We are a prestigious continuing care retirement community with an excellent career opportunity for an Administrator for our skilled nursing center. Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay offers a CMS 5 Star rated nursing center with generous staffing.
The nursing center is part of a comprehensive on site post acute care continuum that offers on-site assisted living, nursing care, nurse practitioners available to support the care continuum.
We are considering licensed candidates with demonstrated abilities to effectively manage a healthcare department. Excellent supervisory and teaming skills, as well as being a strong communicator are a must. The selected candidate will be able to demonstrate successful employee engagement practices and strategies.
We are seeking a healthcare thought-leader with high care and quality standards who will collaborate with our team to produce extraordinary resident satisfaction and employee engagement results--an experienced administrator with a heart for mission and a passion for quality to support our dedicated team of health professionals and experience with both financial and quality bench-marking systems.
We are new alternatives in dementia care with our IN2L Project that will put a computer at 30+ dementia resident’s bedside, and we are implementing our new Engagement Model.
- Leads, organizes and directs the operations of the health and assisted living (Enhanced Services) areas of the campus.
- Responsible for assuring that both areas are in full regulatory compliance at all times.
- Drives service quality through inter-departmental collaborative initiatives. Continually seeks to further develop and enhance the Engagement Model of Care.
- Leads Healthcare and Assisted Living teams through a participatory and influence leadership process that encourages staff ownership of systems and processes.
- Full responsibility for all financial outcomes in Healthcare and Assisted Living. Accountable leader who will meet or exceed, both revenue and expense targets. Provides direction and to Health Information staff.
- In collaboration with direct reports, establishes an annual operating budget and recommends to senior leadership.
- Responsibility for recruitment and retention of qualified staff. Develops employee engagement practices that stimulate active and involved staff.
- In collaboration with Admissions Team, develops innovative marketing practices and strategies that keep Westminster Canterbury as the post acute rehab center of choice for prospective patients in Virginia Beach area.
- Interacts personally with residents, families and responsible parties to assure delivery of quality care. Develops and leads programs that build and maintain relationships with family members.
- Leads the Assisted Living Clinical Coordinator and staff to achieve outstanding quality, financial, resident satisfaction and employee engagement outcomes.
- Facilitates transfers of residents to the least restrictive level of care that supports their current level of functioning.
Creating community to foster joy and well-being.
Founded in 1982, Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is a faith based,
not-for-profit, True Life continuing care retirement community created by the Episcopal and Presbyterian churches to serve older adults of all beliefs, their families and the broader community.
Our waterfront community, located on the southern shor...e of Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach, provides an ideal resort-like setting, along with comprehensive supporting services designed to offer independent living, assisted living, and nursing care solutions for the challenges of retirement.
We take pride in our community, the quality of our services, and most importantly, the exceptional culture of our associates.
Our Values are to achieve Excellence by giving and expecting ...
- RESPECT for each Person
- PASSION for what we do
- PROFESSIONALISM in all we do
We are now actively recruiting for this position. If you are interested in joining our team of professionals who serve our residents in this outstanding environment, then we encourage you to continue this online employment application process.
Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.