Nathan Adelson Hospice is seeking a CNO to join our growing organization in the sunny Las Vegas, NV area. This is a national search and relocation assistance can be provided.
The Chief Nursing Officer provides leadership, direction and administration of nursing operations to ensure compliance with the organization’s strategic plans and objectives and the realization of quality, cost effective hospice and palliative services. Maintains compliance with regulations of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required. Participates in the on-call rotation. Actively supports and promotes the hospice’s vision, mission and overall philosophy.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in a nursing leadership role.
· Associates degree in Nursing, as well as experience in leadership and management positions with increasing responsibility. Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
· Minimum qualifications include experience in strategic planning and development, supervising and budgeting.
· Healthcare or hospice and palliative experience required.
· Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and electronic medical records.
· Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent state and federal rules as well as Joint Commission requirements.
Required Licensure and Certification:
· Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada.
· Current CPR certification.
· Possess an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements and is in good working order. Must maintain a clean driving record.
· Hospice and Palliative Care certification desirable.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 4141
About Nathan Adelson Hospice
Nathan Adelson Hospice was founded 40 years ago following the death of Nathan Adelson. Mr. Adelson was a beloved hospital administrator who cared deeply for his patients and employees. Following a long painful battle with stomach cancer, sadly Mr. Adelson passed away. Family and friends close to him realized the need for healthcare specific to pain management and responded to that need. In 1978, Nathan Adelson Hospice became Southern Nevada’s first home care hospice with the mission to provide patients and their loved ones with comprehensive end-of-life care and influence better care for all in our community. Nathan Adelson Hospice also has two Inpatient Units with a total of 38 beds. We honor the importance of choice and control for those who are ill, so they may define for themselves the most comfortable and dignified manner in which to live. Nathan Adelson Hospice is the hospice of choice, employer of preference, training center of excellence and the community's trusted partner for comprehensive end of life care.