Grand Strand Medical Center is seeking academic minded Palliative Care physician to join our system and our rapidly growing Palliative Care practice. While currently inpatient only, this position will evolve into both inpatient and outpatient care in the Myrtle Beach area. The outpatient clinic is located within walking distance of the hospital. The ideal candidate will enjoy providing quality patient care while supervising and mentoring residents in the hospital and clinical settings. Position also involves teaching residents in a didactic setting. We are looking for highly motivated faculty who enjoy resident education and autonomous practice balance.
• The practice is located in the middle of high growth areas and there are excellent public schools and outstanding housing options within a 10 minute drive.
• Practice is currently entirely inpatient with intention to open an outpatient clinic in the near future
• Current practice is Mon-Fri with intent to have weekend coverage & shared call
• Admissions are handled by hospitalist service and Palliative medicine remains a consult only service
• Top beach resort area/ lifestyle in area with excellent restaurants, golfing and world class resort amenities
• Employed position with HCA; competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package
• BE or BC in Palliative Care mandatory
• Must want to qork with Residents in academic setting
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: J-032608
About Grand Strand Medical Center
HCA stands for the best practices of medicine, using our reach, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help communities thrive.
One of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 185 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. We have 28 million+ patient encounters each year with 8.6 million emergency visits annually. HCA employs 249,000 people with 38,000 active physicians and and 87,000 nurses.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.