Foundation Health Partners is seeking an engaged and dynamic Behavioral Health Clinical Professional Program Manager to join our team!
The Behavioral Health Clinical Professional Program Manager works in collaboration with both the Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit to provide clinical assessment and psychotherapy services to our patients.Provides clinical assessment and psychotherapy services for defined patient population. Services are provided to patients, families and/or groups and may be in both inpatient, residential, and outpatient settings. Position provides treatment in one or more of the following areas: substance abuse, emotional and behavioral issues, eating disorders and other mental disorders as outlined in the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (DSM). Provides crisis intervention and assists families in understanding the implications and complexities of the life situation and its impact on lifestyle. Provides professional social work assistance to clients and families as related to illness, disease, hospitalization, financial and educational needs by utilizing a variety of modalities in all areas of service. Responsibilities also include involvement in the discharge planning process.
This position acts as a lead to the BH Clinical professionals in multiple units, trains and mentors other employees, as well as oversees the quality of care and program needs for BH Clinical staff. This position serves as a resource for BH Clinical staff, provides a variety of unit support functions, and contributes to the overall efficient operation of the departments. Identifies quality improvement opportunities and takes appropriate action.
*Relocation Assistance AND $20,000 sign on bonus are available for the selected candidate!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. P rovides assessment and direct psychotherapy to individuals, families, and groups. Coordinates all aspects of patient care from admission to discharge, interacting with the physician and other members of the clinical treatment team to provide quality patient care.
2. Provides education and orientation for patients, families and others to assigned treatment program to aid in therapeutic process. Collaborates with the patient in the development of a written treatment plan. Provides advocacy, assistance, support, counseling and crisis intervention to patients and families. Facilitates hospital-sponsored support groups. Includes patient and family involvement in assessment, treatment, education and discharge planning.
3. Monitors patients on an ongoing basis to continually assess needs and facilitate treatment and interventions. Documents clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan, diagnostic summaries, and progress charting in a timely manner to assure comprehensive and quality patient care.
4. Actively participates as member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and maintains effective working relationships with physicians and peers. May provide clinical updates to representatives of managed care to assure coordination and reimbursement of treatments services. May conduct cognitive testing and document results.
5. Functions in a liaison role between the hospital and community in making community resources available to the patient and family. Coordinates with community based providers to assure optimal levels of care post discharge and to maximize treatment outcomes.
6. Maintains knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other program benefits to assist patients with discharge planning and choices. Knowledge of contemporary behavioral health and system theories relevant to health care, end of life dynamics, and interventions; grief and bereavement counseling, substance abuse identification and interventions, support of victims of abuse, neglect, or violence. Provides professional education to staff and community.
7. Gather / assessing information, apply counseling and developmental theories, utilizing diagnostic frameworks, and engage in collaborative treatment planning.
8. Proactively engages in process improvement. Identifies needs, updates and improves work processes and methods. Provides opportunities for strategic departmental improvements and communicates suggestions appropriately. Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned.
9. This position acts as a lead to the BH Clinical Professionals, trains and mentors other employees, as well as oversees the quality of care of those within the units. This position serves as a resource for staff, provides a variety of unit support functions, and contributes to the overall efficient operation of the departments.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires a Masters Degree in social work, counseling, behavioral health, or a related human services field, or educational requirement as mandated by state board in order to obtain licensure in field of specialty.
Behavioral Health Licensure in field of specialty as mandated by state board or regulatory agency. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3 years of progressive experience in a behavioral health setting. Requires ability to work with a diverse population along with interpersonal skills and knowledge required in treating patients in area of assigned specialty.
Must have knowledge of government/community resources such as Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care or any other applicable resources/services. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, human relations skills and time management skills. In acute care, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours