Under general supervision, this position is assigned to provide skilled nursing care to patients in their homes, following the orders of the attending physician, and to function as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
1. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Evaluate and assess the patient and his/her home environment.
3. Communicate with the physician and other team members in order to develop and coordinate the care plan and to report any changes in the patientï¿½s condition.
4. Assist in implementing the patientï¿½s care plan.
5. Maintain current, accurate documentation in the clientï¿½s medical record.
6. Maintain health care instruction to the patient as appropriate.
7. Assess patientï¿½s pain and obtain appropriate orders for symptom control.
8. Serve as the liaison between the patient, support staff and physician.
9. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops pertaining to home care and hospice care.
10. Attend required number of departmental meetings per year.
11. Direct and supervise home health aides.
12. Demonstrates sensitivity and competence in the care of the ill and/or dying adolescent, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients relative to determining each patientï¿½s age related physical, psychological and cultural needs.
High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited nursing program.
1 year of clinical RN experience, Home Health experience preferred
Current State RN license and CPR certification.
Job: Case Management/Home Health
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005016512
About Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.