"Lead Diabetes Dietician Home Health Full Time Days"AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Accurately calculates diabetes menus using exchange patterns.
* Adheres to policies and procedures of AdventHealth Sebring and the Diabetes Center at all times.
* Consistently performs within guidelines and ethics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Practice Standards.
* Demonstrates sensitivity to cost containment measures and creates and atmosphere which conserves hospital supplies, equipment and human resources.
* Develops individualized educational plan and meal plan for patient/client.
* Establishes individualized learning objectives in collaboration with patient/client.
* Evaluates each patient/client upon completion of educational plan and provides remediation when indicated.
* Familiarity with philosophy, policies and procedures, and organizational structure of the AdventHealth Diabetes Center.
* Instruction of patients of all ages with diabetes and their families.
* Is accurate and precise in record keeping.
* Obtains 15 hours of continuing education annually in the specialty of diabetes.
* Performs any and all duties of secretary/receptionist in absence of said employee, as requested by Director.
* Provide instruction to outpatients in individual sessions and group classes at AdventHealth Diabetes Center.
* Works closely with Diabetes Center Leadership, Registered Dieticians, Exercise Specialist, and Counselors to provide optimum diabetes education for patients with diabetes and their families.
* Coordinates and participates in community educational activities as requested.
* Coordinates and participates in special projects as requested.
* Coordinates support group scheduling and facilitation.
* Acts as a Super User and becomes subject matter expert when new processes or technology are introduced.
* Demonstrates desire and aptitude for teaching and acts as a preceptor for students and new hires for orientation
* Develops and coordinates schedules of dieticians in the department
* Implements performance improvement activities in the department
* Provides input into performance evaluations of department employees
What You Will Need:
Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian (RD) and as a State of Florida Licensed Dietitian (LD)
Bachelors or advanced degree in dietetics
1-3 years relevant experience
Advanced knowledge of diabetes care for adults and children
Age Specific Competencies
Fire and Safety
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Certification as Diabetes Educator (or pursuing)
Supervises daily functions of the department as directed by the Director. Provides nutritional assessment, instruction and recommendations for patients of all ages with diabetes and their families, as an interdisciplinary team member. Instruction is provided for outpatients in individual sessions and group classes
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.