Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities across WNC and nearby regions.
AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national health care system enabling it to provide services, technologies and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our communities.
Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy and Own It.
As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits, opportunities for growth, and leadership development.
PRN, as needed
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Complete comprehensive assessment of patient and OASIS tool, providing timely Start of Care documentation and establish and individualized Plan of Care.
* Evaluate patients as assigned and collaborate with team members as appropriate for optimal patient care/service.
* Establish individualized POC with goals based on patient's current level of functioning and potential for improvement and in accordance with physician's orders.
* Identify specific, achievable goals in collaboration with the patient and/or caregiver under the physician's direction.
* Implement PT assessment and care plan, continuously evaluating the patient's response to program and need for modification. Change POC and therapy program as patient need indicates and as directed by physician.
* Instruct patient and family in total PT program; use of prosthetic, orthotic and assistive devices, etc.
* Observation, recording, and reporting to the physician any reaction to treatment or changes in the client's condition.
* Supervise and plan HHA activities in absence of other health care professionals.
* Supervise PTA staff.
* Instruct other health team personnel in the care of patients as related to PT aspects of the patient care plan.
* Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
* Develop professional and clinical skill through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skills to perform duties, methods and procedures required by job. (See current PT core competencies)
What You Will Need:
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required
Bachelor's degree from a school or college approved by the American P.T. Association required.
Current Physical Therapy license for NC required
Current BLS certification required
Valid drivers license and current automobile insurance required.
Additional languages preferred.
Current OASIS certification preferred.
At least 1 year of Home Health experience required.
Responsible for PT evaluation, establishment of a plan of care and administration of physical therapy modalities of treatment as described and directed by the physician. Participate in communication with and supervision of PTA. Assist with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assist patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.