The Supervisor, Nursing Hospice RN plays an integral part in enhancing workflow and the day-to-day operations in areas of responsibility to include employee, patient care, and physicians. Utilizes analytical and critical thinking skills to problem solve and address concerns from field clinical staff. Ensures all clinical staff providing care are compliant with the Medicare Conditions of Participation regulatory requirements related to patient care as required by law.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
1. Provides direct supervision of RN Case Manager's providing direct patient care to terminally ill patients in the community.
2. Provides direct supervision of Certified Nurse Assistant's (PCT/CNA) providing direct patient care to terminally ill patients in the community.
3. Provides direct supervision of Social Worker's (MSW) providing direct patient care to terminally ill patients in the community.
4. Provides direct supervision of Hospice Chaplain's providing direct patient care to terminally ill patients in the community.
5. Coordinates all Hospice referrals with the Admission Coordinator, Admission RN and the patient/family to ensure timely and appropriate admissions to Hospice services.
6. Conducts bi-weekly Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings with all members of the IDT (Physician, RN, MSW, Chaplain, CNA, Volunteer Coordinator, Bereavement Coordinator) as per regulatory requirements to review and update patient plans of care.
7. Resolves complex patient and family complaints through thorough investigation, documentation of the concerns identified and take action to resolve.
8. Performs personnel functions with employees by conducting staff interviews, make recommendations for hiring clinical staff, address unprofessional or unsafe conduct by employees immediately, conduct employee evaluations and conduct disciplinary actions with approval of the Hospice Clinical Manager.
9. Conducts annual education and competency training in accordance with regulatory compliance and policy, as well as all staff meetings as required.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
1. Demonstrates critical communication skills including self-awareness, inquiry/dialogue, conflict management, negotiation, advocacy and listening.
2. Recognizes that resources may be limited and consider factors related to safety, effectiveness and efficiency in planning in delivering patient care.
3. Responsible for maintaining and managing the BSWH financial controllable items in Hospice budget to be within budget monthly. (Pharmacy, Durable Medical Equipment, Medical Supplies, mileage, payroll).
4. Delegates tasks/care to appropriate interdisciplinary staff and ensures timely follow up.
5. Make regular visits to contracted Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Centers and Memory Care units to represent BSWH and make supervisory visits regarding staff performance.
6. Preserves and protects the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity, and rights of the patient and family. Works on behalf of the patient and families and represents their concerns from a Hospice Leadership perspective.
7. Highly organized, ability to multitask to address day to day staffing issues and patient concerns.
8. Remains current and knowledgeable on Hospice regulatory requirements regarding patient care and employee education as per the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
9. Conduct Hospice education to community and facility members to enhance their knowledge of the Hospice Medicare benefit.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelors
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Basic Life Support (BLS)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Internal Number: 21004388rxv_31_1
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!