Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As a RRT, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Respiratory team at Banner Estrella Medical Center! You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the goal of making an impact on our patients at such an important time in their lives. You will be an active and engaged change agent; dedicated to the needs of our patients and families. Steadfast to safe, kind, effective, efficient, evidenced-based and high quality clinical care, outcome focused and solution oriented.
Available shift is Full-Time, 40 hours/week, working days (2 12-hour shifts, and 2 8-hour shifts). This role requires rotating weekends and holidays as well. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential when you work a minimum of 2 hours in the night shift "window," which is 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential, where applicable.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
7. May supervise department staff.
8. Independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings. May be assigned to a variety of areas throughout the system where respiratory care is needed. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. In the state of Nevada, all incumbents must have their Blood Gas Technologist certification. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through one year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.