Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports the smooth, timely, and coordinated client transition from acute care to alternative levels of care including but not limited to post-acute settings, community services, or home with post-acute service support, as directed by the care coordination team. This position performs follow-up tasks and coordinates the logistics for a patient's discharge services identified in the inpatient discharge care plan for management of Banner patients across the healthcare continuum.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Works to coordinate the patient's transition into or out of a care setting and obtains appropriate services and benefits as directed by the care coordination team. This may include faxing information, entering referrals or tasking other departments or consultants, arranging authorization and transportation, arranging durable medical equipment (DME), coordinating home health care, confirming arrangements, making physician or outpatient appointments, obtaining test results, and other patient related duties as designated.
2. Coordinates and manages the logistics of discharge planning for individual patients and works to coordinate the patient's transition into or out of a care setting and obtains appropriate services and benefits as directed by the care coordination team. This may include faxing information, entering referrals or tasking other departments or consultants, arranging authorization and transportation, arranging durable medical equipment (DME), coordinating home health care, confirming arrangements, making physician or outpatient appointments, obtaining test results, and other patient related duties as designated. Keeps other members of the care team informed of barriers or challenges which might delay the patient's discharge and works collaboratively with the care team to resolve such challenges.
3. Documents all interventions in the patient medical record both timely and accurately including all elements of the discharge plan. Performs transfer of accurate, pertinent patient information between all appropriate entities of the acute and post-acute care continuum relative to the anticipated discharge/transfer of the patient.
4. Works collaboratively with team members; promotes collaborative relationships with vendors, community and referral resources.
5. May perform tasks such as securing community resources/information or other tasks.
6. Works under general supervision. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: Post-acute services team members and all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of assigned facility interdisciplinary health care team. External customers: home health agencies, nursing homes, insurance providers, group homes, assisted living facilities, hospice, long-term acute care hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, volunteer agencies, county/governmental agencies and medical supply companies and others as required.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS is required for acute-care settings where direct patient care is provided.
The position requires a proficiency level typically achieved with one year of experience in healthcare as a Nursing Asst, Medical Asst, Health Unit Coordinator, Patient Care Tech, etc. Must demonstrate effective communication and customer service skills, human relation skills and time management skills with flexibility in responding to multiple demands. Must be able to work flexible hours and work after hours/weekends on rotation.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.