Speech Language Pathologist PRN AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
• Evaluate patients as assigned noting defects and assets.
• Establish a plan of care with goals based on the patient’s current level of functioning and potential for improvement and in accordance with physician’s orders.
• Implement the speech therapy assessment and care plan, continuously evaluating the patient’s response to program and need for modification.
• Instruct the patient and family in the total speech therapy program, including methods of assisting patient in improving, correcting and accepting speech disabilities.
• Select and administers diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and materials.
• Participate in the team process through cooperative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provide comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients.
• Supervise and plan home health aide activities in absence of other health care professionals.
• Instruct other health team personnel in the care of patients as related to speech therapy aspects of the patient care plan.
• Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
• Provide required documentation within established time frames.
• Report pertinent observations to attending physician, changing patient care plan and therapy program as directed.
• Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
• Ability to plan and administer comprehensive speech therapy, such as voice, language, cognitive-communicative.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of an approved school of speech pathology with a Master’s Degree or its equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Minimum of (1) year speech pathology experience in a health care setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Active FL Speech/Language Pathology license
• CPR Certification
• Valid Florida driver’s license
• Automobile liability insurance
This position is accountable for evaluating, planning and providing speech therapy services to patients in home as ordered by the attending physician and in accordance with assigned, individualized plan of care for each patient.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.