Physical Therapy Assistant Full Time Pasco Pinellas
Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Internal Number: 21037422
Physical Therapy Assistant Full Time Days AdventHealth Pasco Pinellas
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Home Care
• Faith based and Mission driven agency
• Flexible scheduling
• One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
• Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
• Competitive pay with no state income tax
• Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
• Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
• Close to Gulf beaches, parks and golf courses
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
• Follows the physical therapy assessment and care plan, continuously evaluate the patient’s response to program and need for modification.
• Instruct the patient and family in the total physical therapy program; use of prosthetic, orthotic and assistive devices, etc.
• Participate in the team process through cooperative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provide comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team member, patients and families.
• Maintains clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established time frames.
• Prepare and submits schedule daily.
• Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
• Participate in the review process and the agency performance improvement program.
• Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
• Report pertinent observations to the physical therapist and attending physician, physical therapist must update the plan of care.
• Secures patient confidentiality by protecting patient information on and off duty.
• Displays flexibility in accepting assignment changes and readily accepts assignment and patient care responsibilities.
• Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
• Complete related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Manager or Director.
• Maintains current driver’s license, automobile insurance and BLS.
What You Will Need:
• Demonstrated knowledge of physical therapy skills and treatments.
• Problem solving abilities.
• Positive interpersonal communication skills.
• Team and customer service oriented.
• Basic computer skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant school approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
• Minimum of (1) year of clinical Physical Therapy Assistant performance in an acute or Rehab setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Two (2) years of Home Health physical therapy assistant experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current PTA licensure within the state of FL
• Current BCLS
• Valid Driver’s License
Perform visits as ordered under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist. Responsible for following: the home health patient physical therapy Plan of Care as established by the Physical Therapist and the physicians’ orders. Coordinates care with Physical Therapist and other disciplines promoting the team approach and continuity of care. Delivers high quality professional physical therapy and education, and performs therapy skills with a high degree of proficiency. Notifies Physical Therapist and pertinent others of changes in condition or need for reassessment of Plan of Care to meet patient needs. Complete documentation according to Agency Policy and Regulatory guidelines. Continued employment with the agency is contingent upon your ability to perform job duties as outlined in this job description.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.