All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Sign-on Bonus with eligibility
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Nights, 7:00PM-7:00AM
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
The role you’ll contribute:
The PCT/HUC responsibilities include but are not limited to patient care and assisting patients with activities for daily living including documentation of services, safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher and phlebotomy services. Provides the services of an observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize safety. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit. The unit coordinator/secretary through communication, requisitioning and management of supplies and equipment, coordinates the activities of the nursing staff, the patient, the physician, other hospital departments and visitors. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
The Patient Care Technician HUC supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner.
Demonstrated clinical competence in relevant area of acute care nursing.
• Ability to float between assignments.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
• Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and document information accurately.
• Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
• Ability to remain calm and focused during in stressful and/or emotionally charged situations.
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to be highly detail oriented.
• Demonstrated customer service skills with a patient centric approach.
• Basic hands-on computer knowledge and MS Office Word.
• Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
• Ability to work flexible hours, rotate call and weekends.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• One of the following: current state of FL CNA license OR current state of FL EMT license, OR Medical Assisting diploma, OR completion of Fundamentals of Nursing course (transcript), OR completion of Multidimensional Nursing Care 1 course (transcript) upon hire.
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI required upon hire.
8 hours of Hip & Knee replacement/Spine Education required within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
• Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Phlebotomy experience preferred.
• Knowledge of computerized Cerner documentation preferred.
• Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred.
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.