***Highly competitive pay and a $15,000 sign-on bonus for external experienced Operating Room RN's with possible relocation assistance up to $5,000!***
Banner Health invests in our nurses by training them to confidently and safely deliver excellent patient care. Banner Health is committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. Great options and great opportunities.
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix is a level 1 Trauma, Magnet, Teaching hospital. The main operating rooms have 24 suites that include 2 Hyrbrid, 2 DaVinci rooms and MIS rooms. Specialties make working Banner University Medical Center an exciting and diverse place to challenge yourself. The specialties includes: General, Trauma, ENT, OMFS, Plastics, Ortho, Neuro, Robotics, Gyn, Urology, Ophthalmology, vascular, transplants, TAVR???s, hearts, Bariatric and NICU babies. As a large and busy hospital we preform over 300 cases weekly.
As a Registered Nurse in the Main Operating Room, you will work with state of the art equipment and some of the best surgeons in the Phoenix area. This position will have a focus on kidney and liver transplants. As a teaching hospital you will have an opportunity to always grow and advance in your career.
This is a full-time opportunity. This position has call requirements. Enjoy a flat rate of $5/hr for call, $3/hour weekend shift differential and an 18% night shift differential, when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.?? See the Benefits Guide under the Total Rewards section of this posting.
Should you have any questions, please contact Michelle Forsythe firstname.lastname@example.org or at 970-821-4407.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and under the Job Type filter, select New Nurse Experience.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet??? recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
2. Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient???s status.
3. Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient's response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
7. Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise staff and work flow of the department.
9.Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Also works with clergy to provide spiritual support. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary/interim RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel acute care positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area. Banner Registry and Travel physician practice positions require a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a physician practice or an acute care setting. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral, Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working in the Banner McKee Senior Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit must possess an Colorado Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.