$15,000 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Are you a registered nurse looking for a unique opportunity focused on Home Health? We’re offering a six-month paid residency with clinical training, mentorships, classroom training, and in-field training for the role of Home Health Case Manager. There will be open positions throughout the year based on the needs of the agency.
- Classroom training with experienced clinical instructors focused on interactive discussions, case studies, and clinical documentation training
- Training on charting systems
- Field training in home settings, group homes, and/or assisted living facilities
- Receive one-on-one training in the areas of nursing, therapy, social services, quality assurance, specialty outpatient clinics, and diagnostic labs
- Regular development meetings between you, your mentor, and manager
- Customized coaching and onboarding reports
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project under the direction of a mentor
- Residents will transition to their independent role and continue professional development with a mentor
Home Health nurse residents will gain experience in the following areas:
- Team member collaboration
- End-of-life and hospice services
- Readmission of care
- Discharge planning
- Referral process
- Netsmart documentation
- OASIS documentation
- Discharge and referral process
- Rehabilitation and social work services
- Managed care payors
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a bachelor’s degree within the last year
- Valid Nevada RN license is required to start the program
- Successfully passed the NCLEX exam
- Official school transcripts and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- 2 letters of reference from a clinical instructor and previous employer (if applicable)
- 2-year full-time commitment
- Ability to submit written essay describing your motivation for participation in the program
- Ability to attend the whole of the Nurse Residency Training program
- Ability to perform work that requires driving throughout the Las Vegas area
- Ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move, lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Self-motivation and solid communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.