Help Kickstart a New Residency Program in Sunny Arizona!
Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona (DHMG-AZ) is actively seeking an experienced leader and visionary to serve as Residency Program Director, Obstetrics and Gynecology, in Phoenix's beautiful East Valley. This candidate will report directly to the Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, DHMG-AZ.
CommonSpirit is developing a Graduate Medical Education program at its hospitals in Gilbert and Chandler, Arizona, with plans to also have OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, General Surgery, and Emergency Medicine residency programs starting in 2023 and 2024.
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center (MGMC) will be opening a new Womens and Childrens Pavilion, which is anticipated to open in 2023. The new center will provide increased access to maternity and pediatric care in the Phoenix metro area, the first of its kind in Arizona. The Pavilion combines the expertise of MGMC and Phoenix Children's Hospital in one convenient location and will offer Level III Obstetrical Care for routine and high-risk
pregnancies, including a state-of-the-art 60-bed Level III NICU. Midwifery services will also be available. Combined, our East Valley facilities deliver 6,500 babies/year with growth anticipated with the opening of the Women & Childrens Pavilion.
- 40% Clinical / 60% Administrative
- Managing the ACGME application and certification process
- Maintain ongoing certification and compliance with ACGME RRC requirements
- Be a role model of professionalism
- Ensure the programs compliance with institutional policies and procedures and ACGME requirements
- Working with other departments and other clinical sites to develop and maintain appropriate clinical and educational rotations for the residents
- Resident Recruitment and Selection
- GME Research / Scholarly Activity
- Program Evaluation
- MD or DO Degree and Board Certification in ABOG or AOBOG
- 3+ years of Proven Clinical & Administrative educational experience
- Experience as an assistant/associate PD or site director
- Clinical responsibilities within the previous 3 years
- Proven track record in clinical and/or basic science research with documented publications
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced management degree (MBA, MHA) preferred but not required
- Ability to travel to as needed
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package that includes a matched 403b AND gifted pension plan
- Sign-on bonus
- CME benefits
- Excellent malpractice insurance
Dignity Health, one of the nations five largest non-profit health care systems, is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. Mercy Gilbert Medical Center (MGMC) is committed to providing the highest standard of care and healing the patients physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Since opening in June 2006, MGMC has achieved national recognition for its healing environment, leadership, and efforts toward a healthier earth, and is recognized as a designated Healing Hospital. With 197 licensed beds, some of its key services include Bariatrics, Heart and Vascular Center, including cardiopulmonary services, GI, Lund Family Birth Center, Orthopedics, Neurosciences, Palliative Care, Sleep Center, a recognized Stroke Center, surgical services, and Womens Imaging Center. MGMC is also one of the largest employers in the city of Gilbert.
Chandler Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a full-service, 429-bed acute care hospital located 25 miles southeast of downtown Phoenix. It has approximately 78,000 emergency department annual visits and is a level 1 trauma center with over 5000 trauma activations annually. It is a primary stroke center, has cardiovascular and cardiac surgery services, and neurosurgery. CRMC has received the Health Care Leadership Award for Hospital of the Year and #1 Acute Care Hospital in 2013 from AZ Business Magazine.
Arizona is an ideal place to raise a family, with excellent schools and well-respected state universities. With professional sports teams, wonderful restaurants, and incomparable shopping, the Chandler/Gilbert/Scottsdale area is among the most highly desirable areas in the country to live. These opportunities offer a perfect lifestyle balance.