Guthrie's newest Fellowship Program is looking for a Program Director & Educator!
Guthrie is seeking a visionary leader to help establish the newly approved Hematology/Oncology fellowship. Formal ACGME application has been submitted for approval.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Kerry Hitchcock, Sr Physician Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.725.8308(cell).
- Hematology or Oncology Board Certification required
- Passion for teaching and mentoring physicians in training
- Prior experience as a Program Director or Associate Director preferred
- Minimum of 3 years as an active faculty member in an academic practice
- Eligibility for unrestricted PA and NY state license
- Possess strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with publications preferred
Highlights of the Position
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers certified, anticipating Quality Oncology Practice Initiative certification application in the near future
- Integrated clinical trials capabilities currently running almost 30 clinical trials in oncology including Alliance and pending NRG membership
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Full time Palliative Care consultation service
- Radiation Oncology available at each Cancer Center location
- Embedded pharmacy with dedicated oncology pharmacist
- Practice alongside Guthrie's Chair of Oncology, Dr. Vladimir Gotlieb
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study (includes 10 weekdays and two weekends)
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has 6 residency programs. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Academic Appointment available
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie's central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.