Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018870
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
About the Job
Providing clinical instruction to and oversight of medical residents and medical students in the ambulatory clinic, hospital, and other training sites. Providing didactic instruction (seminars, lectures, workshops, grand rounds). Mentoring and advising residents and medical students. Providing patient care at the clinic and hospital in full-scope family medicine, including obstetrics. Curriculum development, implementation and evaluation. Administrative duties, including participating in faculty meetings, serving on committees, participating in accreditation and other reviews, and representing the program at professional and organization meetings as appropriate. Opportunities for faculty development and participation in scholarly activities.
About the MHV Smiley's Family Medicine Clinic:
- Smiley's Family Medicine Clinic has been serving the culturally diverse South Minneapolis community for more than 40 years. Dedicated to providing the full spectrum of family medicine to patients of all ages, our providers emphasize prevention and wellness, as well as a broad knowledge of the patient in the context of the family and the community.
- Anti-racism and social justice work is a high priority. The clinic is located in the Phillips Neighborhood on the southside of Minneapolis. The clinic serves a historically marginalized and economically disadvantaged population, many of our patients are of East African descent and are first or second generation immigrants.
- We also have a large number of patients who come to our clinic seeking gender affirming care. We strive to be a clinic that welcomes people who may have felt unwelcome in healthcare.
About the Department
- The Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at the University of Minnesota was created more than 45 years ago in response to a legislative mandate to train primary care physicians.
- Since then, we have been leaders in transforming the specialty through education, research, and patient care. We are the academic sponsor of eight family medicine residencies--five in the Twin Cities, three in Greater Minnesota.
- We are involved in medical student education activities across the Medical School's two campuses: Twin Cities and Duluth.
- We sponsor four fellowship programs--sports medicine, hospice and palliative medicine, behavioral medicine, and human sexuality-- and offer continuing medical education opportunities.
- We are regularly among the top National Institutes of Health-funded family medicine departments. Our faculty are actively researching health disparities, healthcare delivery, and population health. More at familymedicine.umn.edu.
Required: MD or DO degree; completion of a Family Medicine residency; board certified in specialty; licensed or eligible in Minnesota.
Preferred: Three or more years of practice experience beyond residency completion. One or more years of medical teaching experience. Experience in educational program and curriculum development and evaluation. Experience in scholarly activities and in mentoring trainees in scholarly activities.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.