Location: McCall, Idaho
Mental Health/Social Services
St. Luke's Health System in McCall, ID is seeking a Chaplain - Hospice (Flex schedule) to join our Spirtual Care team.
Flex schedule: 2-3 days per 2-week pay period.
- Assesses the spiritual needs of patients, families and staff.
- Provides spiritual counseling and supportive care and guidance.
- Makes routine rounds on assigned units.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, family, friends or community clergy of patients during periods of crisis.
- Document assessments and interventions on the patient record as appropriate.
- Completes decedent care protocols and assists family to use their faith system in coping with death.
- Uses relevant methodologies to assist all members of the interdisciplinary team, patients and family in arriving at consensus over ethical matters.
- May serve as preceptor, mentor, and serves as a subject matter expert.
- May assume lead responsibilities within assigned functional area.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Master of Divinity or Theology Degree.
- Experience: 4 years's of related experience.
- Must have: Documentation of endorsement by a recognized religious or spiritual organization to provide spiritual care in a clinical setting.
- In addition to the above licenses/certification must hold one of the following:
- Association of Professional Chaplains
- National Association of Catholic Chaplains
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About McCall, Idaho
McCall is a scenic mountain town located in central Idaho, just two hours north of Boise. This small town of fewer than 3,000 year-round residents provides all the best in mountain living with fresh air, breathtaking vistas, and recreation opportunities right out your front door. Originally a logging community, McCall is now known for its Winter Carnival, extended winters and one of the highest average snowfalls in the state. It's a great place to live and work, and St. Luke's is proud to be part of this close-knit, friendly community.
Learn more about what McCall has to offer you:
Payette Lake | Ski at Brundage | Ponderosa State Park | McCall Winter Carnival | McCall Golf | Hot Springs
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.