Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator (Case Manager) to join our Hospice team!
The RN Care Coordinator works with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to develop a plan of care for assigned patients. The RN Care Coordinator will plan, implement, and document nursing care based on patient's needs, while monitoring the patient to ensure they are as comfortable as possible during their end of life care. St. Luke's Hospice and its interdisciplinary team values integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence with all the patients receiving hospice care. If you are looking to work with a collaborative team of skills clinicians to provide quality comfort care to patients and families in the community, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Previous hospice care experience not required.
Hours: Monday - Friday 5 days a week/8 hour shifts (8:30am - 5:00pm) or 4 days a week/10 hour shifts available with rotating weekends and evening call.
Paid hourly, manageable caseload, pay for drive time, mileage reimbursement, work/life balance, plus many more BENEFITS!
*Sign-on bonus available to external candidates!
- Works as clinician, consultant, educator, and researcher to facilitate collaborative management of patient care.
- Works closely with physicians, nurses, social workers and a wide range of medical and non-medical professionals.
- Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by monitoring care through assessment and/or patient records.
- Determines need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations. Reviews therapist evaluations, treatment, objectives, and plans.
- Develops patient care plans, evaluates and monitors progress, responds to patient and family needs. Serves as advocate when problems and issues arise.
- Coordinates discharge and post-discharge requirements; orientates and trains family members; provides resources.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions under the direction of a licensed physician.
- Provides ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatments, prognosis and medications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's or Associate's Nursing Degree
- Experience: 2 years of RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN License in Idaho
- Valid Driver's License and Auto Insurance if work related travel is required for position
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current opening.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.