Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Professional Practice Coordinator (PPC) for Infusion Services will be responsible for supporting and implementing unit and systemwide practice standards, onboarding and orientation processes, adaption of training methods to unique learning styles, as well as has the potential to provide direct patient care. This position will be expected to work collaboratively in a team environment and communicate effectively with other PPCs, unit leadership, and frontline staff.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs and evaluates patients' adaptation to health changes
- Develops a plan of care based on patients' disease, symptoms, and response to treatment
- Educates patients, families, and caregivers on disease processes, treatment, side effects and symptom management
- Coordinates with inter-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of care
- Refers patients, families and caregivers as appropriate to other clinical resources/professionals such as social work, home health care, clinical nutrition, etc.
- Implements, evaluates and modifies plan of care
- Integrates research and evidence based knowledge into clinical practice
In addition to primary responsibilities listed in the job description, the Infusion RN will have the following key responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of oncology specialty including disease processes, standard treatment regimens, and potential side effects.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with multidisciplinary teams across SCCA
- Contribute to systemwide initiatives through support of change management and providing expertise
- Actively evaluate and maintain up-to-date policy and procedures to reflect evidence-based standards for research and clinical practice.
- Actively collaborate with leadership to set unit goals, implement process improvements, and measure outcomes.
- Participate in Shared Leadership and systemwide committees
- Support EMR transition as well as participate in order and charting requirement review, updating, and regulatory standards.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job in order to carry out the primary responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- Current (or ability to obtain before employment) Washington State nursing license
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card and renewal required every two years
- CITI Training - Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Research (required within 6 months of hire)
- ONS Chemotherapy Provider Card (required within 6 months of hire)
- Critical thinking; the ability to practice the cognitive skills of analyzing, applying standards, discriminating, information seeking, logical reasoning, predicting, and transforming knowledge
- Ability to develop clinical judgment.
- Time Management skills; the ability to organize and manage time and tasks independently
- Ability to communicate effectively by looking and listening for cues, asking open-ended questions, exploring cues, using pauses, screening responses, and clarifying response.
- Ability to effectively listen by using reflecting, acknowledging, summarizing, empathizing, and paraphrasing skill.
- Ability to effectively provide information by checking what information the person knows already, giving small amounts of information at a time, using clear terms and avoiding jargon, avoiding detail unless it is requested, checking for understanding, and pausing and waiting for a response.
- Ability to apply different learning and teaching methodologies for a culturally and generationally diverse group.
- Master of Science in Nursing, Education, or Healthcare Leadership
- OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) or BMT RN
- ACLS and/or PALS AHA Health Provider Card
- LEAN or CPI application
- 2 years of previous RN Oncology experience
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $38.67 to $73.48 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications. Registered Nurses are paid on a step-scale basis and are also eligible for shift differentials and other pay premiums such as advanced degree, preceptor and certification.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.