Location: Margaretville, New York
The Certified Nurse Aide performs the functions of a nursing assistant in carrying out all assignments given by the Registered Nurse. Is accountable for all patient care given during shift. Is responsible for adhering to all standards of nursing care and for promoting teamwork among co-workers.Job
Review the duties in relationship to quality, quantity and productivity. Give examples and provide feedback as deemed appropriate. Please specify 'Yes' if Achieves Expected Performance, 'No' if not, and 'N/A' if not applicableThe following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. The employee may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; and specific functions may change from time to time. Administrative Duties and Daily Functions
Care Plan, Kardex, MDS, and Assessment
- Provide care to residents per the care plan and all assigned tasks as instructed.
- Reports all changes in a resident's condition (skin condition changes, complaints, poor intake, accidents & incidents) to the LPN/RN as soon as possible.
- Completes work timely.
- Follows all policies and procedures applicable to MRCC.
- Documents all actions before leaving shift.
- Gives report to immediate supervisor prior to leaving unit.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unity and shift.
- Cooperate with interdepartmental personnel.
- Keeps working areas and resident rooms clean and clutter-free.
- Provides care in accordance with internal policies, and governing laws and regulations. Reports variances to LPNs/RNs/DON.
- Ensures accuracy of careplan and kardex and notifies LPN/RN when changes are required.
- Effectively communicates the plan of care.
- Ensures that resident care plan is followed.
- Notifies LPN/RN according to policy.
- Ensures appropriate and ongoing communication to the resident, family, staff, MD, IDT, etc.
- Uses communication to enhance quality of resident care and staff working environment.
Equipment and Supplies:
- Promotes an environment of learning.
- Attends mandatory inservices and meets minimum continuing education requirements.
- Promotes a positive, friendly work environment.
- Uses equipment after training appropriately.
- Constantly strives to enhance the resident and staff experience.
- Follows MRCC policies and procedures, including HIPAA.
- Immediately reports unusual problem/accident/incident regarding resident care to RN/House Supervisor.
Other specific requirements:
- Is compliant with standards and regulations.
- Reports potential outbreaks and takes appropriate measures to control/ eliminate infection control exposures.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and be enthusiastic.
- Must work harmoniously with others.
- Seeks out new methods and principles to incorporate into the nursing practice.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration among Mountainside staff members.
Other job duties as assigned.
- Encouraged to pursue ongoing education.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred. NYS CNA required
- BLS required through American Heart Association
$3,000 sign on bonus + eve/night differential pay
Mountainside Residential Care Center
Join the team at Mountainside Residential Care Center, our award-winning 82-bed enhanced care facility. We have received a 5-Star rating from Medicare's "Nursing Home Compare" and 5-star ratings in U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 issues. Not only is Mountainside Residential Care Center rated as one of the top nursing homes nationwide for providing excellence in care -- we are also setting the pace for outstanding care and quality services.