Location: Margaretville, New York
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern Mountainside Residential Care Center, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.Job
- Documents according to policies.
- Medications and treatments as assigned.
- Ensures accurate, appropriate, and complete documentation by all nursing staff.
- Is a liaison with residents, families, and other departments to adequately plan for and provide resident care.
- Ensures safe quality care is provided to the resident's daily, and essential information is communicated to provide appropriate continuity of care from admission to discharge.
- Participates in investigations as assigned.
- Serves as a leader and resource for nursing staff.
- Promotes mission and values of Mountainside.
- Ensures completeness of Accident and Incident reports.
- Ensures staff comply with polices and standards of care.
- Ensures consistency between both floors in nursing care.
- Works with staff in the planning of the unit's services, programs, and activities.
- Works collaboratively with all departments at Mountainside and MMH.
- Supports the medical staff.
- Serves as a resident advocate and ensures resident rights are maintained.
- Participates actively with IDT and follows-through on actions determined by the Team.
- Notifies the RN on-call, Director of Nursing, and Administrator on call as required.
Care Plan, Kardex, MDS,
- Ensures accuracy of each.
- Effectively communicates the plan of care.
- Ensures appropriate and ongoing communication to the resident, family, staff, MD, IDT, etc.
- Uses communication to enhance quality of resident care and staff working environment.
- Responsible for employee praise and discipline as necessary.
- Actively participates with staff education.
- Promotes an environment of learning.
- Ensures staff attends mandatory in-services and meets minimum continuing education requirements.
- Conducts routine staff audits to ensure care is being delivered per care plan and medical staff orders.
- Ensures work consistency among staff.
- Promotes a positive, friendly work environment.
Equipment and Supplies:
- Ensures appropriate equipment and supplies are available and monitors that supplies are utilized appropriately to avoid waste.
- Constantly strives to enhance the resident and staff experience.
- Follows MRCC policies and procedures, including HIPAA.
- Immediately reports unusual problem/accident/incident regarding resident care to RN.
- Ensures staff compliance with standards and regulations.
- Reports potential outbreaks and takes appropriate measures to control/eliminate infection control exposures.
- Assists with staffing and finding coverage for call-ins.
Other specific requirements:
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and be enthusiastic.
- Must work harmoniously with others.
- Seeks out new methods and principles to incorporate into the nursing practice.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Able to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures necessary to provide quality care.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration among Mountainside staff members.
Other job duties as assigned.
- Encouraged to pursue ongoing education.
- One year experience preferred
- NYS LPN License;
- BLS certification
- Motivated, self-directed, compassionate
- $5,000 sign on bonus
Mountainside Residential Care Center
Join the team at Mountainside Residential Care Center, our award-winning 82-bed enhanced care facility. We have received a 5-Star rating from Medicare's "Nursing Home Compare" and 5-star ratings in U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 issues. Not only is Mountainside Residential Care Center rated as one of the top nursing homes nationwide for providing excellence in care -- we are also setting the pace for outstanding care and quality services.