Location: Wilmington, Delaware
ChristianaCare, the largest healthcare system in Delaware, is searching for a strategic leader in memory care for the position of Endowed Chair of the Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation. Leading a team of four clinicians, the Endowed Chair will use their expertise and influence to impact the quality and reach of memory care for patients with Alzheimer's and dementia in Delaware, integrate memory care education for clinicians in primary care and support academic/scholarly research in memory disorder.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Provide clinical oversight for a memory care multidisciplinary center located in the Wilmington campus.
- Foster integration with ChristianaCare programs that relate to memory and senior care to serve the community.
- Develop innovative programs for leveraging and disseminating ChristianaCare's expertise in memory and geriatric care to primary care and ancillary providers locally, in the state and region.
- Lead efforts to increase academic/scholarly productivity and/or research in memory disorder.
- Represent ChristianaCare at the state, regional and national level in organization and initiatives in support of improved memory and geriatric care; work toward leadership in a national organization.
- Maintain strong relationships with organizations within the state dedicated to memory and/or geriatric care. Provide informal or, if expected, formal leadership for and facilitate improved collaboration among these organizations.
- Engage a broad spectrum of community organizations and members in the support of statewide strategies for dementia.
- Participate in philanthropic efforts for memory and senior care.
- Deliver clinical care for patients in the memory center and geriatrics multidisciplinary center (40% time).
Board certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology or Psychiatry with a focus on memory care required. Candidates must possess a minimum of 10 years' clinical work experience for patients with memory disorders and seniors. They must also have clinical leadership experience that includes team building, memory care program development and improving quality of care.
- President/CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in 2022 By Modern Healthcare.
- ChristianaCare is the largest healthcare system in Delaware centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs.
- Achieved Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospitals Award (2023) and rated by Forbes as the 2nd best health system for diversity and inclusion (2022)..
- Join a collaborative Medical Group leadership team that partners in the development of new programs, creation of innovative care delivery models and medical education endeavors.
- Due to our location, you may live in DE, NJ, PA or MD within 1-3 hours from Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, DC as well as the beautiful beach resorts in DE, NJ and MD.
- The region is rich with diverse cultures and offers some of the nation's best public and private schools, colleges and universities.
ChristianaCare, headquartered in Wilmington, DE employs over 13,000 caregivers with three acute care hospitals (1,336 beds), extensive network of primary care and outpatient specialty services, home health care, urgent care centers and free-standing emergency department. We have locations in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Our Christiana campus offers a Level I trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. ChristianaCare is ranked by Healthgrades as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals and continually ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek and other national quality ratings. We're a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows.